The Digital Fundraising Fellowship is skills turbo boost for fundraisers, campaigners and communicators that focuses entirely on effective, efficient and integrated digital fundraising programs. The dynamic, intensive and practical program is lead by Michael Whitney, who helped revolutionise small dollar donations at massive scale, as Online Fundraising Manager for Bernie 2016.
Other expert presenters include Nicole Aro, Director of Digital Strategies at the AFL-CIO who specialises in organisation structures, change-management and leadership required drive increased fundraising and supporter engagement, and Rebecca Wilson, formerly Chief of Staff at GetUp, and Global Development Director at Change.org.
The Digital Fundraising Fellowship is open to participants working in civil society organisations, and companies servicing the non-profit sector, from across Australia and New Zealand. The "face-to-face" components of the fellowship are delivered at retreats (one outside Melbourne, one outside Sydney) which are mandatory, and four 2-hour webinars.
The program covers a deep dive into digital fundraising strategies, acquisition and advertising, email programs - including list management and content, social media fundraising, a tools and technology comparison, as well as approaches to structuring, managing and leading a digital fundraising team in both large and small organisations.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. The Digital Fundraising Fellowship is specifically for mid-senior level staff in Australian and New Zealand civil society organisations who have some responsibility for fundraising and/or digital engagement in their organisation. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
- Applications: Close 15 February, however they will be accepted on a rolling basis and all places may fill before applications close.
- Opening Retreat: 23-24 March at Whitehall Guesthouse, Queenscliff Victoria. The nearest airport is Melbourne Avalon. The retreat will run 9.30am Thursday 23rd March to 5.00pm Friday 24 March, however accommodation and dinner will be provided at Whitehall for anyone who wants to arrive after 5pm on Wednesday 23 March.
- Expert Webinars: 10am - 12pm (Sydney/Melbourne Time) on Thursdays. This will allow for people further west to join at a reasonable hour, and be later in the day for New Zealand.
- 30 March
- 6 April
- 13 April
- 4 May
- Final Retreat and Graduation: 10 - 12 May at Jemby Rinjah, near Blackheath in the lovely Blue Mountains. The retreat will run 9.30am Thursday 11 May to 5.00pm Friday 12 May, however accommodation and dinner will be provided at Jemby Rinjahl for anyone who wants to arrive after 5pm on Wednesday 10 May.
- $5,600 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $3,950 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,250 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,100 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1,200 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.