The Fellowship is a leadership course, and skills turbo boost, for a specific type of leader: people working to change the world through public advocacy and campaigning. Graduates of the Fellowship Program are fluent in campaign strategy and theory of change, and confident in using a full suite of campaign tactics. Most importantly, they join an alumni of supportive peers, who together will continue to provide each other with support, advice and friendship for many years to come.
The program covers a deep dive into best practice campaign strategy approaches and tools, messaging, framing and communications strategy and practices, lobbying and direct advocacy to decision-makers, community organising, digital campaigning tools, media engagement and civil disobedience.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
For the first, time 2017 Melbourne Fellows have the option to commit up front to the incredible fellowship alumni program, including a guaranteed place at either the 2018 or 2019 alumni retreats, where fellows from all cohorts come together in the Byron Hinterland to learn together and reconnect.
- Applications: Open 15 March, Close 12 May
- Selection Interviews 14-19 May
- Cohort notified if successful 22 May 2017
- Late Applications: Open 1 June (if there are remaining places), Close 5 July
- Selection Interviews 6-7 July
- Late Applicants Notified if successful by 15 July
- Opening Retreat: 4-6 August 2017, at the beautiful Commonground near Seymour, north of Melbourne.
- Expert Seminars: 14 Monday night seminars run most weeks from 14 August until 4 December, excluding public holidays and the Monday before Melbourne cups.
- Mid Fellowship Retreat: 29 September - 1 October 2017, again at Common Ground
- Final Retreat: 9-10 December 2017, a non residential workshop in inner Melbourne
- Graduation Dinner: 11 December 2017
- Alumni Retreat: Join alumni from all cohorts in the glorious Byron hinterland for a weekend retreat to learn together and reconnect. Dates TBC, but likely 26-28 January 2018.
- $6,000 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $4,000 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,250 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,000 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1100 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.
- Optional: $350 GST Alumni contribution, guarantees a place at the 2018 or 2019 alumni retreat.