APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 MELBOURNE FELLOWSHIP OPEN IN MARCH 2018. INFORMATION IS BELOW, WITH DATES TBC, AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT AN EARLY APPLICATION, HOWEVER WE ARE UNABLE TO RESPOND TO EARLY APPLICATIONS.
The Fellowship is a leadership course, and skills turbo boost, for a specific type of leader: people working to change the world through public advocacy and campaigning. Graduates of the Fellowship Program are fluent in campaign strategy and theory of change, and confident in using a full suite of campaign tactics. Most importantly, they join an alumni of supportive peers, who together will continue to provide each other with support, advice and friendship for many years to come.
The program covers a deep dive into best practice campaign strategy approaches and tools, messaging, framing and communications strategy and practices, lobbying and direct advocacy to decision-makers, community organising, digital campaigning tools, media engagement and civil disobedience.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
2018 DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED WHEN APPLICATIONS OPEN IN MARCH 2018. YOU MAY APPLY EARLY IF YOU WISH.
THE FOLLOWING INDICATIVE DATES REFER TO THE 2017 FELLOWSHIP.
- Applications: Open 15 March, Close 12 May
- Selection Interviews 14-19 May
- Cohort notified if successful 22 May 2017
- Late Applications: Open 1 June (if there are remaining places), Close 5 July
- Selection Interviews 6-7 July
- Late Applicants Notified if successful by 15 July
- Opening Retreat: 4-6 August 2017, at the beautiful Commonground near Seymour, north of Melbourne.
- Expert Seminars: 14 Monday night seminars run most weeks from 14 August until 4 December, excluding public holidays and the Monday before Melbourne cups.
- Mid Fellowship Retreat: 29 September - 1 October 2017, again at Common Ground
- Final Retreat: 9-10 December 2017, a non residential workshop in inner Melbourne
- Graduation Dinner: 11 December 2017
- Alumni Retreat: Join alumni from all cohorts in the glorious Byron hinterland for a weekend retreat to learn together and reconnect. Dates TBC, but likely 26-28 January 2018.
- $6,500 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $4,200 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,450 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,200 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1200 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.