APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 MELBOURNE FELLOWSHIP ARE NOW OPEN.
The Fellowship is a leadership course, and skills turbo boost, for a specific type of leader: people working to change the world through public advocacy and campaigning. Graduates of the Fellowship Program are fluent in campaign strategy and theory of change, and confident in using a full suite of campaign tactics. Most importantly, they join an alumni of supportive peers, who together will continue to provide each other with support, advice and friendship for many years to come.
The program covers a deep dive into best practice campaign strategy approaches and tools, messaging, framing and communications strategy and practices, lobbying and direct advocacy to decision-makers, community organising, digital campaigning tools, media engagement and civil disobedience.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
- Applications: Open 6 April, Close 4 May 2018
- Selection Interviews 7-10 May
- Cohort notified if successful 18 May 2018
- Late Applications: Open 21 May (if there are remaining places), Close 17 June
- Selection Interviews 19-21 June
- Late Applicants Notified if successful by 6 July
- Opening Retreat: 11am 17 August - 11am 19 August 2017, at the beautiful Commonground near Seymour, north of Melbourne.
- Expert Seminars: Monday night seminars run most weeks from 27 August until 3 December, excluding public holidays and the Monday before the Melbourne Cup.
- Mid Fellowship Retreat: 11 am 5 October to 11 am 7 October, again at Common Ground
- Final Retreat: 7-8 December 2017, a non residential workshop in inner Melbourne
- Graduation Dinner: 10 December 2017
- $6,500 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $4,200 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,450 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,200 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1200 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.