THE AUTEAROA PROGRESS FELLOWSHIP IN 2018 WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2017. TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN APPLICATIONS OPEN, EMAIL INFO@AUSTRALIANPROGRESS.ORG.AU AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS.
Designed specifically for mid-senior leaders in social change, the Aotearoa Fellowship will super-charge your skills and energy, help you gain further confidence as a social change leader, and connect you with a community of your peers from across Aotearoa.
Over two cohorts in 2017 and 2018, 40 fellows have completed the fellowship in New Zealand, from organisations such as Hapai Te Hauora, Amnesty International, Mapu Maia (Pacific Arm of the Problem Gambling Foundation), 350 Aotearoa, the Public Service Association, the Blind Foundation, ActionStation, Safe, JustSpeak and the National Council of Women. In 2017, NZ fellows were joined by five fellows from Australia, and the program remains open to Australians based outside Sydney and Melbourne. We look forward to welcoming a new cohort in 2018!
The Aotearoa fellowship is bookended by two intensive 4-day retreats, with five interactive expert webinars in between.
In 2017 the Fellowship was run as collaboration between Hāpai te Hauora Maori Public Health and the Centre for Australian Progress. At the completion of the fellowship, all participants join a remarkable Trans-Tasman network of change-makers.
The 2016 and 2017 Fellowships were led by Anita Tang. With 25 years experience in senior roles, including Director of Health Strategies for the Cancer Council NSW, Anita now acts as a consultant and coach to Australia and New Zealand's leading non-profits. Anita will be joined by local and global guest experts.
We particularly encourage applications from people of Maori and Pasifika backgrounds.
Costs are in Australian Dollars:
- $2,000: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure of less than NZ$500,000.
- $3,250: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure of between NZ$500,000 and NZ$3 million.
- $3,750: Large non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure of over NZ$3 million
- $5,500: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $,1100: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to us securing additional philanthropic or other support.
Costs cover tuition, accommodation and meals; and excludes travel to venues.