First round applications have closed for the 2018 Sydney Fellowship, however there are a small number of additional places for qualified applicants, and we'd love to hear from you before 11 January. Apply below, or get in touch today with your questions.
The Fellowship is a leadership course, and skills turbo boost, for a specific type of leader: people working to change the world through public advocacy and campaigning. Graduates of the Fellowship Program are fluent in campaign strategy and theory of change, and confident in using a full suite of campaign tactics. Most importantly, they join an alumni of supportive peers, who together will continue to provide each other with support, advice and friendship for many years to come.
The five month program covers a deep dive into best practice campaign strategy approaches and tools, messaging, framing and communications strategy and practices, lobbying and direct advocacy to decision-makers, community organising, digital campaigning tools, media engagement and civil disobedience.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
- Applications: Open 20 September 2017, Deadline Extended to November 30.
- Selection Interviews 1-8 December 2017
- Cohort notified if successful 8-12 December 2017
- Late Applications: Open 1 December 2017 (if there are remaining places), Close 11 January 2018
- Selection Interviews 14 - 18 January 2018
- Late Applicants Notified if successful 22 January 2018
- Opening Retreat: 11 am Friday 9 February 2018 - 11am Sunday 11 February 2018, in the gorgeous Royal National Park South of Sydney
- Expert Seminars: 14 Monday night seminars run most weeks from 19 February until 4 June.
- Mid Fellowship Retreat: 11am Friday 20 April 2017 to 11am Sunday 22 April, in the stunning Blue Mountains
- Final Retreat: 10am 15 June 2017 - 5pm 16 June 2017, a non residential workshop in inner Sydney
- Graduation Dinner: 18 June 2017.
- $6,500 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $4,200 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,450 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,200 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1200 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.