The Fellowship is a leadership course, and skills turbo boost, for a specific type of leader: people working to change the world through public advocacy and campaigning. Graduates of the Fellowship Program are fluent in campaign strategy and theory of change, and confident in using a full suite of campaign tactics. Most importantly, they join an alumni of supportive peers, who together will continue to provide each other with support, advice and friendship for many years to come.
The program covers a deep dive into best practice campaign strategy approaches and tools, messaging, framing and communications strategy and practices, lobbying and direct advocacy to decision-makers, community organising, digital campaigning tools, media engagement and civil disobedience.
Australia's civil society is stronger when the people working for our many organisations have a diversity of experience and backgrounds. We strongly encourage applicants from a diversity of genders, backgrounds, cultures, languages and experiences to apply.
- Applications: Open 24 September 2016, Close 15 November 2016
- Selection Interviews 15 - 22 November 2016
- Cohort notified if successful 30 November 2016
- Late Applications: Open 1 December 2016 (if there are remaining places), Close 1 February 2017
- Selection Interviews 2 - 7 February, 2017
- Late Applicants Notified if successful
- Opening Retreat: 10 - 12 February 2017, in the gorgeous Royal National Park South of Sydney
- Expert Seminars: 15 Monday night seminars run most weeks from 20 February until 5 June.
- Mid Fellowship Retreat: 7 - 9 April 2017, in the stunning Blue Mountains
- Final Retreat: 17 - 18 June 2017, a non residential workshop in inner Sydney
- Graduation Dinner: 19 June 2017.
- $6,000 + GST: Full Price - for businesses and BCorps servicing the non-profit sector
- $4,000 + GST: Standard non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of over $3 million
- $3,250 + GST: Small non-profit concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia between $500,000 and $3 million.
- $2,000 + GST: Community concession - for non-profits with annual staff expenditure in Australia of less than $500,000.
- $1100 + GST: Scholarship - for individual community campaigners who lack any organisational support. Scholarships are very limited, and their availability is subject to sponsorship procurement.